Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Recipe: Avocado Shrimp Salad

Avocado and Scallop Salad (modified version of Jean Carper's recipe)

So I've been trying a few recipes that included a combination of my favorite food and low calories. My secret to staying skinny is eating my favorite food, but keep count of my calorie. It's a tad obsessing, but hey it works. I have this current obsession of reading labels now, and I have this secret feeling that everyone is judging me. 

Ingredients
For 2 servings

16 - 20 Scallops
1 Tomato (diced to cubes)
1/2 Avocado (diced to cubes)
1/2 cup Cilantro
1/2 cup Parsley 
1 Green Onion
1/2 a lemon (juice only)
1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
salt and pepper to taste

The recipe is super simple. In a small pan, heat up some water. When the water begins to boil, throw your scallops in and let them sit there for roughly 2 minutes. After the 2 minutes, let the water drain out and place them in the fridge. While waiting for the scallops to cool, cut all your other ingredients (cilantro, parsley, avocado and tomato). Next combine the scallops and your diced ingredients. Mix in your lemon juice and olive oil and serve it. Bon appetit! This simple salad yields less than 200 calories, so eat all you can! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment